Combined Bradley Stoke Town Council & McDonald's Community Project 29 September 2010
BSTC - 11th October 2010
On Wednesday 29th September McDonald's and Bradley Stoke Town Council joined forces to help tidy up our town...
- The day was a success, though to plan B due to the weather; McDonald's provided 25 volunteers, BSTC 4 and our local MP.
- Due to the heavy rain overnight and the bad forecast we decided to leave the painting of the Bus Stops to another time, McDonald's have promised to come back in the spring.
- We concentrated on the seated area at the section of Brook Way opposite the Bradley Stoke Pub. McDonald's grounds maintenance cut back the overgrown bushes and cleared the overgrown paths and the rest of the volunteers cleared the debris and litter picked, as far as Ferndene and the Bradley Stoke Pub/Aldi car park. Approx 15 bags of rubbish were collected. SGC had been advised before hand of our plans.
- The afternoon was cancelled due to the rain, so the cutting back of the footpath behind Palmers Leaze to the lakes was postponed.
- It was an enjoyable event and McDonald's have express interest in holding another one next year.