Local Government Transparency Code 2015 (Pursuant to Section 2 of the Local Government, Planning & Land Act 1980)
The Local Government Transparency Code 2015 applies to Parish and Town Councils with a gross income or expenditure in excess of £200,000. The Code is intended to increase transparency through publication of open data enabling tax payers to see how local authorities use public money. Bradley Stoke Town Council provides this information on this webpage, either listed below directly, or via a link to information already provided elsewhere on our website.
Table of Contents
- Expenditure over £500
- Officers Decisions Made Under Delegated Powers
- Senior Employees + Staff Structure + Pay Multiple
- Councillors Allowance & Expenses
- Contracts and tenders to businesses and to the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector.
- Grants to the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector
- Policies, Performance, External Audits and Key Inspections and Key Indicators.
- Public Land and Building Assets
- Data of Democratic Running of the Town Council
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- Trade union facility time
- Other information
1. Expenditure over £500
A Council is obliged to publish any expenditure over £500, including supplier and transaction information. Bradley Stoke Town Council displays all transactions (not just those over £500).
2. Officers Decisions Made Under Delegated Powers
Bradley Stoke Town Council does not have an Officers Scheme of Delegated Powers
3. Senior Employees + Staff Structure + Pay Multiple
The Town Council are required to publish details of any senior employee salaries, job title and responsibilities for those earning over £50,000 per annum. We are also required to supply details of pay multiple. Information can be found in the following document:
An organisational chart of the staff structure including salary bands can be found at the following link:
4. Councillors Allowance & Expenses
Bradley Stoke Town Council does not pay Councillors Allowances.
5. Contracts and tenders to businesses and to the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector.
Any current and live tenders will be displayed here.
6. Grants to the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector
All grants awarded by Bradley Stoke Town Council are itemised in the Town Council Annual Reports.
7. Policies, Performance, External Audits and Key Inspections and Key Indicators.
8. Public Land and Building Assets
9. Data of Democratic Running of the Town Council
The constitution of the Town Council is known as Standing Orders and lays out how the business of the Council is conducted
Standing Orders, Councillors Code of Conduct, Financial Regulations, Committee Terms of Reference, Policies & Procedures can be viewed here:
Decisions made by the Town Council are recorded in the minutes of meetings:
10. Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
Introduced in 2010, the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) is a tool for local councils to help raise funds from developers to deliver infrastructure such as new schools, open space or public transport. CIL is charged for certain types of development in the area and commenced on 1 August 2015 – click here to view:
We must publish information about any counter-fraud work:
Total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud: None
Total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of professionally accredited counter-fraud specialists: None
Total amount spent by the Town Council on the investigation and prosecution of fraud: None
Total number of fraud cases investigated: None
12. Trade union facility time
Total number of staff who are union representatives = 0
Total number of union representatives who devote at least 50% of their time to union duties = NONE
13. Other information
We have also considered the following areas which we do not currently hold or do not apply to the town council:
- Government Procurement Card – Not held
- Social Housing Asset Value – Not held
- Parking Account – Not applicable
- Parking Spaces – Not applicable