Serving & Ex-Military Personnel
Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Gloucestershire has a large military and civilian armed forces population. The council has been supportive of its armed forces for many years and takes pride in recognising their contribution.
This Armed Forces Community Covenant is made between
- the serving and former members of the armed forces and their families working and residing in South Gloucestershire
- South Gloucestershire Council
- the charitable and voluntary sector and
- other members of the civilian community
The Covenant was formally signed on 29 June 2013 during the Armed Forces Day celebrations at Staple Hill.
Further information about the Covenant can be found on the South Gloucestershire Council website.
SSAFA: Bristol & South Gloucestershire
We help veterans and service personnel, and their families, in the local community and we rely on public donations to continue our work. Our commitment is to provide support with experienced, non-judgemental and friendly advice, as well as a variety of practical services which cover a range of social, family and financial issues.
Royal British Legion: Stoke Gifford Branch
We help members of the Armed Forces, veterans and their families all year round in the Stoke Gifford Area.
ASSISTPLUS is a Veterans Community Support initiative, which seeks to enhance the support that our ex- Armed Servicemen and women living and working in Bristol and South Gloucestershire area receive in the local communities. Stakeholders who had voluntarily signed the Armed Forces Community Covenant give these supports in various forms and number of areas including, but not limit to: childcare, housing, education, healthcare, family life and employment.
Download: ASSISTPLUS Brochure (PDF)
Veterans Advisory Support Hub
The veterans advisory support hub is now open on the first two Mondays of each month at the Jubilee Centre (Cedar Room) in Bradley Stoke.
- August: Monday 2nd and 9th from 1pm–4pm
- September: Monday 6th and 13th from 1pm–4pm
- October: Monday 4th and 11th from 1pm–4pm
- November: Monday 1st and 8th from 1pm–4pm
- December: Monday 6th and 13th from 1pm–4pm