Frome Valley Relief Sewer Update
Wessex Water - 8th September 2017
We're writing to update you on the progress of our work on the Frome Valley relief sewer.
We're investing around £15 million in building a new sewer which will ensure our system copes with ongoing and future development in North Bristol and South Gloucestershire. The Frome Valley relief sewer will enable us to provide additional capacity for new developments in areas such as Yate, Emerson's Green, Bradley Stoke and Filton, where thousands of new homes are being built.
Following on from the work in the Three Brooks nature reserve, we are now approaching the important stage where we need to tunnel under the M4 motorway. To ensure this goes smoothly we will be revising our construction working hours to 24 hours a day, seven days a week between Wednesday 13 and Friday 22 September. Once we have installed the sewer under the M4, we will revert to our normal working hours.
How will the work affect you?
- We will do everything we can to ensure minimal disruption while we carry out our night work as quickly as possible.
- Only essential maintenance and construction activities will be carried out between 6pm and 7 am.
- Material deliveries and removal of excavated material will be limited to normal working hours.
- Lighting will be positioned to minimise impact on local housing.
- Acoustic sound barriers will be used where required.
Anything else you need to know?
We are continuing to provide regular information and updates of this scheme on our dedicated website page: www.wessexwater.co.uk/FromeValley
We're sorry for any inconvenience caused by our work. If you have any questions please call our customer services team on 0345 600 4 600 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, emergencies at other times). Alternatively, there's plenty of advice online including frequently asked questions and help form our web chat team. Visit www.wessexwater.co.uk