Coronavirus: Public Health
This page offers information and guidance on how to keep safe during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do
Stay at home
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
- If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Do not meet others, even friends or family. You can spread the virus even if you don't have symptoms.
Public Health England: Coronavirus Update
You may well have seen the latest phase of HM Government's Stay Home, Save Lives Coronavirus campaign “Act like you've got it”, which has now launched across TV, radio, outdoor, social media and print.
The campaign, which communicates the Government's advice on measures to manage the pandemic, is designed to drive an increased urgency and compliance around key behaviours and are particularly aimed at those who haven't yet changed their habits. It can be used by a whole range of partners and organisations, including Local Resilience Fora.
There are now also Stay Home resources specifically for:
- The Bank Holiday Weekend
- Social assets for younger people
- Alternative formats
- Translations - Bengali, Gujarati, Punjabi, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Urdu, Romani
More assets will continue to be added to the Campaign Resource Centre (CRC) Coronavirus Campaign Centre. Other recent additions include:
- Handwashing - how to avoid contracting coronavirus by regularly washing hands for 20 seconds - including alternative formats
- Household isolation - a campaign for people with even mild symptoms to act immediately and not contact anyone outside their household. Alternative formats now available including BSL videos
- The Prime Minister's letter and national door drop leaflet - with translations and alternative formats
- Travel advice for ports of entry - Essential travel advice from the government about coronavirus and international travel.
Thank you for your ongoing support.