North Fringe to Hengrove Rapid Transit Scheme Consultation
Travel West - 21st May 2012
Bristol and South Gloucestershire Councils are consulting on the North Fringe to Hengrove route of the bus rapid transit network in advance of submitting planning applications towards the end of 2012.
Key infrastructure changes along the route include:
- Stoke Gifford Transport Link – a new road from the Ring Road to Bradley Stoke
- Road widening along Bradley Stoke Way for rapid transit
- New bus only junction onto the M32 between junctions 1 and 2
- Road layout alterations, improved bus interchange and enhanced urban environment in Bristol City Centre, particularly within the Centre
- New pedestrian, cycling and rapid transit bridge over the Avon New Cut
- Widening of Hartcliffe Way for bus priority measures and provision of a rapid transit stop within Lombard Street pedestrianised area
The consultation starts on 17 May and runs until 13 July 2012. You are invited to visit an exhibition to view the plans and discuss the proposals with the project team and give your feedback. Each exhibition will focus on the part of the route near the exhibition location, however there will be information available for the whole route.
Follow this link to view the proposed route map and to see the exhibition venues and dates: North Fringe to Hengrove Rapid Transit Scheme (3.65MB PDF)
For more information on these proposals and also the exhibition locations please visit: www.travelwest.info/nfh or call 0800 021 7877