Welcome to Bradley Stoke Town Council's Website
The Bradley Stoke Community Festival will take place from Friday 5th - Sunday 7th June 2015.
For more information click here
About the 2015 elections
On Thursday 7 May 2015 the following elections took place:
- UK Parliamentary (General) Election
- South Gloucestershire Council Election
- Bradley Stoke Town Council Election
Bradley Stoke Town Council is considering installing a range of leisure equipment for public use on the Jubilee Green (subject to obtaining grant funding from external sources). This consultation is now closed and the results will be published shortly.
New Skatepark for Bradley Stoke
Following the appointment of Bristol based Skate Park builder Wheelscape, local young people have been in detailed discussion with Wheelscape to fine tune the design and here are the latest design visuals:
Netball, Tennis & 6-a-Side Courts available at The Jubilee Activity Centre
We currently have availability for block bookers and one-off hires.
Why not visit the Activity Centres page for details of our hire charges.
For more information please contact Bradley Stoke Town Council on 01454 205021
Bradley Stoke Town Council has signed up to the SGC Green Dog Walkers Scheme. Green Dog Walkers® is an original project initiated by Community Green Initiative of Dunipace in partnership with Falkirk Council. It is operated in South Gloucestershire under licence through the local groups.
Green Dog Walkers is a non-confrontational, friendly way to change attitudes about dog fouling. The idea is that responsible dog owners sign a pledge to say that they will clear up after their dogs & will carry spare bags with them which they will offer to anyone they see not clearing up. They will wear a very distinct arm band to identify them as a Green Dog Walker.
Anyone interested in signing up to the Scheme should contact Bradley Stoke Town Council office.
Are you interested in becoming involved in brightening up Bradley Stoke?
Bradley Stoke in Bloom workdays will now be on the 3rd Saturday of each month, starting at 10am and finishing at 4pm, with a break for lunch.
Planning a party or do you need a venue for a meeting or other event?
Brook Way Activity has been refurbished and is now again available for hire on weekdays from 9am until 5pm and all day at weekends.
A lovely venue for a party with the safe enclosed garden and the building offers a large L shaped hall which has moveable dividing walls to produce 3 smaller rooms which are ideal for smaller parties, groups or meetings.
BSYFC Football Skills Coaching for Children with Disabilities
Bradley Stoke Youth FC (BSYFC) now run football skills coaching sessions for children with ASD/Autism within the area. However, if your child has other special needs then they may be able to accommodate them as well. The age range the club is catering for is 6 to 11 years old.
The sessions are free of charge and are held on a Saturday morning 10.30am to 11.30am. The sessions run every 2 weeks. All coaches are FA Qualified and FA CRB checked.
If you would like to register your interest, please contact Martin Lee at email email@example.com or 07785 384618
- NEW: Bigger and better; local young people organise another two days of skate park events during the festival
- Changes to Stoke Gifford Sort It centre
- Make a Difference this Summer by helping children do the Summer Reading Challenge 2015
- Summer Play Scheme Vacancies
- Summer Play Scheme Volunteers
- Be Aware of Charity Email Scams
- Investment Scams
- Bogus Trading Standards Officer
- F.B.U. Industrial Action planned 25th February for a 24hr period
- Have you received a call offering to change your council tax band?
- TODAY: Happy Memories Day
- Volunteering Drop-in Session (4th Jun)
- Volunteer Speed Matching Event (4th Jun)
- Bradley Stoke Community Festival 2015 (5th Jun -> 7th Jun)
- Bradley Stoke Skate Comp (7th Jun)
- Leisure, Amenities & Youth Committee Meeting (15th Jun)
- Finance Committee Meeting (17th Jun)
- Full Council Meeting (24th Jun)
- Planning & Environment Committee Meeting (24th Jun)
- Volunteering Drop-in Session (2nd Jul)
The Town Council is the parish authority for Bradley Stoke. The Town Council supplements the provision of local government services in Bradley Stoke, and provides a range of social and recreational facilities, while promoting and representing the town with other national and statutory bodies.
Bradley Stoke is a large development first planned in the 1970s. It comprises 1,000 acres (404.7 hectares) of land that incorporate 650 acres (263 hectares) for housing. One hundred acres (40.5 hectares) have been used for employment purposes and there are 180 acres (72.8 hectares) of major public open space. The name 'Bradley Stoke' was chosen, deriving from Bradley Brook and Stoke Brook, which flow through the area.
Bradley Stoke Town Council
The Jubilee Centre
Savages Wood Road
Main office telephone number: 01454 205020
Booking Line telephone number: 01454 205021